PHP/JS Developer - Remote (US Based) at Dealer Inspire (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
PHP/JS Developer - Website Platform
Dealer Inspire is an automotive digital platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and “rethink” solutions. We’re flexible - we don’t write requirements in stone, and things change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out!
View more listings: dealerinspire.com/careers
You value code quality, scalability, and reliability. You are not beholden to one language, design pattern, or framework, but instead you believe that a true craftsman always chooses the right tool for the job. You understand business value and are all about creating it. You value working on a team with other developers, and can communicate complex ideas with ease. You love learning and experimenting with new technologies but would never neglect the fundamentals. You don’t have an over-sized ego. Given some mockups, and good guidance, you should be able to implement small features. The most important attributes we’re looking for in this role are an eagerness to learn, and the ability to put your hand up and ask for help when you do get stuck.
The Junior PHP/JS Developer is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Dealer Inspire Website Platform, specifically forward-facing features and functionality. The Junior PHP/JS Developer assists in the creation of new features, works with senior and mid-level colleagues to fix bugs, and addresses support concerns via company communication tools. Strong problem solving, organization, and documentation skills are key to success.
- Strong command of HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP.
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Expertise in building and testing mobile-first web applications.
- Version control experience (Git/Mercurial).
- Experience building WordPress themes and plugins.
- Familiarity with frontend frameworks like Bootstrap, Bourbon, or Foundation.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex terms and ideas to stakeholders and coworkers.
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies.
- The ability to remain cool under pressure.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with PHP frameworks like Laravel.
- Experience with SASS/SCSS.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Node JS.
- Experience with JS frameworks like Vue and/or React.
- Experience with build tools like Gulp, Webpack, etc.
- You know what the phrase “clean code” means, and where it came from.
Responsibilities May Include
- Development work on our Award-Winning, WordPress based Website Platform.
- Maintaining current WordPress plugins and building them to support new or existing platform features.
- Working with internal and external APIs to build dynamic services.
- Supporting development teams by providing knowledge and training resources.
- Contributing to or supporting internal tools utilized by the development teams.
- Working with our development team, systems team, and designers to fulfill support requests or bug reports from clients.
- Building custom functionality on client sites
Compensation based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
Benefits & Perks
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer to Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.