Open Source Maintainer at Scrapinghub (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
About the Job:
ScrapingHub is built on top of Open Source; we’re creators and maintainers of Scrapy web scraping and crawling framework, as well as many other popular Python libraries.
We’re looking for someone to help us develop and maintain our Open Source software, to ensure Scrapy and other ScrapingHub Open Sources projects thrive. This is a rare opportunity to become a part of the Scrapy team, and work remotely full time helping Open Source.
- Maintain Scrapy framework and its dependencies with other members of the Scrapy team:
- fix bugs, develop new features, improve documentation and tests;
- review pull requests and triage issues;
- make releases.
- Help maintaining other ScrapingHub Open Source projects
- Work with the community: answer StackOverflow questions, help with Google Summer of Code, etc.
- Strong software development skills.
- Open Source involvement: history of contributions, understanding of the community norms.
- Python language experience (5+ years); working knowledge of the Python ecosystem.
- Experience writing asynchronous code.
- Good communication skills; positive attitude, willingness to help others.
Bonus points for:
- Scrapy knowledge; history of Scrapy contributions.
- Web scraping and web crawling experience.
- Twisted knowledge; contributions to Twisted or other Python async frameworks.
- Experience creating and maintaining Python packages.
- Experience leading Open Source projects.