CI/CD Infrastructure Developer at USA TODAY NETWORK (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
The Quality Engineering team thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Our focus is being the voice of quality from the engagement of product owners, developers, and designers to build better software by improving speed, efficiency, and collaboration during the development lifecycle.
As a CI/CD Infrastructure Developer, you’ll help us build continuous integration and delivery infrastructure for 100+ news properties around the country, including USA Today. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing tools in the CI/CD space and helping onboard internal software development teams to effectively use the tools and create automated CI/CD pipelines. You will be responsible for installing, configuring and managing the standardize common pipeline and providing development expertise to internal software development teams on restructuring their applications to fit into a continuous delivery model.
The ideal candidate is excited to solve complex problems and learn new things every week. This team is responsible for vetting and selecting new CI/CD technologies, as well as maintaining and optimizing existing platforms and solutions.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve CI/CD cloud infrastructure
- Create and maintain deployment pipelines by working with software development teams to automate the build, testing, and deployments using Platform Engineering tools
- Building and deploying immutable infrastructure and components
- Working in both containerized as well as non-containerized environments
- Bring a passion for staying on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
- You'll build, and maintain key shared CI/CD infrastructure technologies listed below.
- Expect to know or to learn Go. Using it to build and maintain tools that make our process more efficient, simpler, and faster.
- You'll develop monitors and build alerts around error conditions and performance. You'll seek root causes should problems arise.
- Works with minimal supervision
- Utilizes resources efficiently to resolve complex issues
- Works with leadership to identify and revise approaches
- Able to work on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- A professional curiosity that leads the team member to learn more and try new approaches or technology
- Works hand in hand with the development team.
- Develop flow charts, mind mapping, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug application failures.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Tools and Technologies at Gannett | USA TODAY NETWORK
Tools and Technologies:
- Scripting with Golang, Groovy, and Ruby
- Cloud Services Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Scalr
- Chef, Docker, Kubernetes
- HashiCorp Vault
- Continuous Integration and Delivery with Jenkins and Concourse
- Artifact Repo Management with Artifactory
- Log Management with New Relic
- 80% Development
- 10% Documentation/Presentation
- 10% Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience leading and managing a project.
- 2+ years of experience with deploying to AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, and other clouds.
- 2+ years experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Drone, Concourse, etc.
- 2+ years experience in Linux systems administration
- Expertise in at least one scripting/programming language.
- Experience with server management and deploying applications.
- Have used source control (github/gitlab) to manage code.
- Experience with deploying and scaling stateless web applications to the cloud.
- Proficiency in configuration management.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Docker.