Paktor - Android Engineer [Open To Remote]
Founded in 2013 with the mission of connecting singles in Asia through technology-enabled platforms, Paktor dating app has expanded beyond Singapore to the rest of Southeast Asia and North Asia, to form the largest social dating group in the region. Along with its other acquisitions, which includes a controlling stake in Taiwan live streaming company 17 Media and other social dating apps such as Down, Inc and Goodnight, the group’s social entertainment and dating assets jointly account for over 50 million users in Asia.
The projects on our plate are amazing, and we're looking for talented people to meet the exciting technical challenges we face. We're looking for an experienced Android Engineer to contribute to the continual improvement of the Paktor experience for our users. We're open to your ideas for cool interactions and interesting ways to bring people together. The best ideas - from any source - are acted on quickly here. If you're an intelligent and highly ambitious entrepreneur, we want to talk to you!
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Minimum 5 years in total IT experience which includes at least 3-4 years in Android
- Deep understanding of Android framework
- Experience with Android Studio, Git, Gradle, Dagger, RxJava, Firebase
- Working knowledge of different architectures such as MVP and MVVM
- Hands-on experience on unit testing and test automation frameworks
- Kotlin experience would be a nice to have
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with business users and key project stakeholders
- Possess some experience in Supervisory role
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked on apps used by millions of people
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school, but a wonderful project list trumps all
- Prior start-up experience is awesome (not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.
Apply for this job