Senior React Native Engineer at a Sports Startup at Daylytes (Boise, ID) (allows remote)
Posted 3 weeks ago
Daylytes is building a company that brings people together through sports. We believe sports coverage lags behind the rest of the social and mobile apps we use, and we plan to build a solution. We aim to bring our customers relevant, unique, and engaging daily highlights (hence "daylytes") that surpass current sports media options. We’re starting methodically by delivering a superior product in a few local niches, then will expand outward to cover an increasing number of cities and regions with a scalable solution.
We are developer-centric, led by a technical founder with startup experience, venture backed, and aim to provide our developers with a distraction free environment where they can solve scalable problems, thrive, and grow. You will be one of the first five to join the company, and will get to play a critical role in the direction of the business. You will help define the platform, have responsibilities that are not redundant, and be held accountable by our small team of less than five.
- Overseeing the development of the core Daylytes React Native app
- Maintaining the app and regularly iterating as we grow and scale with user feedback
- Working directly with the Daylytes database, interfacing with other back-end developers on the team, and being involved in technical decisions from front-end to back-end
- Experience building a mobile app
- Exposure to a variety of general programming languages
- Experience with database-driven apps
Nice to Have’s
- History working in a small startup environment
- Prior work creating a consumer app and maintaining it in the App Store
- Any portfolio of work that you can share, public repos, open-source contributions, etc.
- A bachelors or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience