Front-End Software Engineer
Posted 3 weeks ago
Aiva, the Amazon- and Google-funded leader in voice-powered healthcare, is looking for a Front-End Software Engineer with React experience and an interest in learning new and exciting frameworks to help us continue our rapid growth.
- Developing new user-facing features using React
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Staying up to date on the latest innovations within the front-end development ecosystem, and sharing that knowledge with the team
- Evaluating new front-end technologies and determining whether they might benefit our end-user experiences and development efficiency
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles of component reuse and unidirectional data flow
- Experience writing GraphQL queries
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Tokens
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools, such as Webpack
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to cross collaborate with other software engineering teams at Aiva Health
- Familiarity with code versioning tools.
Aiva (www.aivahealth.com) improves caregiving for patients/residents and caregivers alike. We put Amazon Echos, Google Homes and other voice assistants into hospitals and senior living facilities. The voice assistants give users hands-free entertainment and control over their environment, but more importantly they improve communication with caregivers. When you say what you need, Aiva understands and routes your request to the most appropriate person. Caregivers then use our mobile app to quickly respond and manage requests. We also provide back-end tools for managing public-facing voice skills, managing devices and reporting & analytics.
Aiva is based in Los Angeles, and our investors include local VCs as well as the Google Assistant Investment Program and Amazon's Alexa Fund. We are growing quickly and looking to expand our team. Some folks work remotely, and we’re open to candidates for this position who don’t live in LA. We are also flexible between full-time or contract.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.