Software Engineer | create 'DevOps for AI' platform & tools | 100% remote at Dotscience (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
Dotscience is hiring remote back end software engineers to help tackle some of the considerable challenges ahead in developing AI for production use. We're mainly working in Go, plus Python and Node.js and we'll support your learning if you need to cross train.
Our end-to-end machine learning toolset helps our customers stabilise and scale their AI initiatives; from development to production, we help them track full evolution of models and metrics throughout the lifecycle. Think 'DevOps for ML'.
We're hiring someone to help architect and implement data science automation solutions and tooling. We’re building from the ground up, inheriting zero legacy code. Collaborating with our product and design teams, you'll develop a product which is robust and scalable for cloud and on-premise use. You'll also help us to integrate with, and to automate, most of the major AI/ML ecosystems as we build out our tech
We'll listen to your opinions and actively encourage you to make recommendations as to how we can improve our products.
Now is an exciting time to join us; we're hiring a range of skills across the stack and can potentially shape your role in ways that build upon your strengths.
Example first projects
- Building features on the Dotscience platform that enables data scientists to create, collaborate on and to manage their workflows
- Building API’s and SDK’s to support data pipelines and model deployment
- Scaling the platform to support large and complex data science workloads
- Maintain an operational stack and infrastructure for back end services
We're looking for
- Strong back end coding skills, using a statically typed programming language - we use mainly Go (Golang), plus Python and Node.js, and can support your transition and learning
- A technical understanding of building AI/ML pipelines in research or production environments
- Familiarity with Containers from an architectural perspective
- Familiarity with a scripting language, such as Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell etc.
- Solid understanding of Computing or AI - gained from practical application, or through education
- Familiarity with the principles of Agile, automated testing and continuous delivery
- Clear desire to learn, to improve and to share knowledge with colleagues
- Considering senior to principal level remote back end jobs such as: Go Developer | Golang Developer | Python Developer | Node.js Developer | Back End Engineer | Lead Engineer | AI Tools Engineer | Machine Learning Developer | Artificial Intelligence Engineer | Data Scientist | etc.
Current stack - we'll welcome your influence
Go (Golang) | Python | Node.js | PostgreSQL | Docker | Kubernetes | AWS | GCE | GitHub | GitLab | Tensorflow
Salary and benefits
- £60,000 to £80,000+ negotiable - we're keeping an open mind
- Flexible and family friendly working environment - no core hours, work at the times that suit you
- Remote workers package, including fully expensed work travel costs
- 25 days holiday + UK national/public holidays/local benefits | private medical cover | life cover/income protection insurance | group personal pension/contributory pension | conference involvement encouraged | open source projects include Tensorflow for Dotscience and Jupyterlab plugins for Dotscience