Java Backend Engineer - REMOTE at SemanticBits (allows remote)
Posted a month ago
SemanticBits is looking to hire a talented software developer who can help us build modern digital health services implemented as highly scalable Java services deployed on the AWS cloud in Docker containers. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces.
This is a remote position and can be fulfilled from any location within the US and its territories. SemanticBits will provide a laptop.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
- Core Java and JEE
- Significant experience with Spring Framework required
- Experience with Spring Boot required
- Experience with object-relational mapping frameworks, such as Hibernate and JPA, required
- Continuous build and test automation through Jenkins required
- Deployment and testing via containerization with Docker highly preferred
- Relational databases - should be very comfortable writing SQL, defining relational schemas, writing data migrations, and querying through ORM
- Modern frontend web development through frameworks like Angular or React preferred
- RESTful microservice development in Java required
- Automated unit/integration/functional testing experience on both front- and back-end is a must: JUnit, Selenium/WebDriver, Protractor, Jasmine or similar
- Experience deploying and testing applications on AWS preferred
- Experience with git (workflows, merge strategies, etc) is strongly desired
- Knowledge of modern design pattern and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Choice of laptop type (Mac or PC)
- Flexible work hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.