QA .NET Engineer II at GrowFlow (allows remote)
Join a high growth startup that is working to revolutionize the future of Sales and Traceability in the legal recreational Cannabis space. GrowFlow is a leading seed to sale traceability solution for the state of Washington. We are rapidly growing to help producers and processors track grow operations and improve their sales process.
As a QA Engineer II, you will be involved throughout the development lifecycle with particular emphasis on the quality assurance of software development and deployment. The QA Engineer II will be responsible for test planning, documenting, coordinating, and executing activities related to the testing of systems, databases, user interfaces. This is a hybrid role that will include both manual testing and automation scripting for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing to meet the business requirements, and the strategic mission and goals of the organization while mitigating risk. GrowFlow is a small organization where everyone wears multiple hats. In addition to owning the QA Department you will be expected to review any support incidents that come from the Customer Service team, before they get handed to Development. Additionally, you will be expected to handle the occasional .NET development tasks that are suitable for your skills.
Must be a self-starter, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail. Displays the ability to work with quality tools, methods, and techniques as applicable to Information Technology. You will be expected to manage work tasks independently and will assist in the planning, organizing and coordinating of technical tasks and work assignments, collaborating closely with Development, Product Team, Customer Success and the CEO. We see this role as a stepping stone to the Development team in 9 to 12 months.
Must be a driven, passionate individual who works well with a team.
What you’ll do
- Write Test Cases and execute Test Case to ensure development outputs meet defined specification cases in coordination with Business requirements, Technical Specifications, installers / upgrades documents, and management.
- Perform Exploratory, Functional, Integration, UI, back-end testing, White box/Black box testing. Demonstrate the capacity to investigate and debug the complex issues.
- Analyze automation test results and present analysis.
- Write SQL queries to validate the backend.
- At times perform automated regression and performance testing.
- Participate in QA and Development peer reviews of SQL structure and Automation scripting.
- Document software defects using Trello bug tracking system.
- Use Test Case Management tools such as Zephyr or VS Test Professional
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Display a basic understanding of testing methodology and product knowledge in the design of tests.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of large and complex projects.
What we’re looking for
- 2-4 years’ experience required in software testing OR in .NET Full Stack development
- Knowledgeable in testing methodology, design, execution and attaining product knowledge.
- Experience with QA techniques including black box, white box, and gray box approaches for smoke, regression, functional, user acceptance and exploratory testing.
- Experience with the development of use cases, test scenarios and/or test plans.
- Investigating and debugging complex issues.
- Experience with Agile testing.
- Intermediate experience with relational database theories (MS SQL Server preferred).
- Experience using Trello, JIRA or other bug tracking tools.
- Experience using Test Case Management tools such as Zephyr or VS Test Professional
- 1-2 years required software development/automation experience
- Hands-on working experience with GUI / Web Automation Testing Tool (Ranorex, QTP, and Selenium).
- Experience creating XPath queries and functions.
- Hands-on experience with any of the following scripting languages: (C#, VB.Net, Java, HTML, XML, and T-SQL).
- Experience integrating test suites into a Jenkins or TFS.
- Experience using TFS or any other source code management tools.
- Experienced in data mining and validation using SQL.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation, confidence, integrity, and responsibility.
- Experience with testing REST or SOAP APIs (ASP.Net, Web API, and NUNIT).
- Familiarity with Virtual Server, Virtual Clients, and System Configuration especially Azure.
- Experience with performance testing.
- Experience developing solutions with MS Visual Studio and C#
Please include with answers to the following with your cover letter
- What is a problem that you solved that you are most proud of?
- What is an example of a feature that you recently shipped and what was the process for developing and getting it shipped?
- What's your favorite tool that allows you to be more efficient?
Apply for this job